Many people believe wicker to be the best material for outdoor furniture. It is cost effective and it adds an element of elegance to your patio. Wicker holds up well in any weather and is found to be very comfortable.
Wicker refers to the style of weaving materials around a frame to make furniture. This technique has been around a long time, dating back to 3000 BC. Here is a whole list of reasons why wicker is the best outdoor furniture material that you can buy.
What Makes Wicker Furniture the Best
* This type of furniture is available in many styles as it’s made from a variety of different synthetic materials. The synthetic fibers allows the furniture to last a long time in outdoor environments. This way you get the most bang for your buck – furniture that lasts a long time no matter what kind of weather conditions it’s in.
* Wicker furniture also comes in a variety of colors to match the scheme of your outdoor area. You don’t have to settle for the “popular” brown color. Since the color is embedded in the material, you don’t have to worry about the color fading from extreme exposure to sunlight or rubbing off from scratches or any damage.
* Another pro to wicker outdoor furniture is that it is very lightweight. This makes it easy for you to move any of the pieces around without straining your muscles. Even though it’s so lightweight, the furniture itself is very sturdy because of the weaving technique used while making it. It is easy for the piece of furniture to withstand a lot of weight because of how it was made.
* One of the biggest reasons why wicker is the best material used for patio furniture is the cost factor. Wicker costs less than any other material used for patio furniture and there is no compromise to the look and cleanliness of the furniture.
Caring for Your Wicker Furniture
* Natural wicker is usually placed outside so it does need some care to ensure the furniture can last for a long period of time. Natural wicker should be taken in when there is bad weather like rain or snow. However, synthetic wicker does not need very much care and can easily be wiped clean. In case of heavy stains or dirt getting stuck within the materials, it can even be washed.
* Wicker lasts for a long period of time if used and cleaned properly. It has been said that wicker can last for 20 years or more just as long as it gets the right amount of maintenance. However, if you get cushions to go on the wicker furniture to make it more comfortable, know that the cushions should be replaced every five years or so.
To sum up, wicker is a great option for your outdoor furniture. It holds up during rough weather, it’s cost friendly, and it lasts for a long time. It’s the perfect option for any outdoor environment.