Many people want their patio to be relaxing and appealing to others. To achieve a casual feel on your patio, just follow these five simple tips. By doing so, you can achieve that dream patio that you’ve always wanted.
1. Create a casual feel with color – Look at all the materials, shapes, and colors of your outdoor furniture. Using golden yellow fabrics for the seats and throw pillows can really make all the pieces come together and make it more colorful.
Another option for creating a casual feel with the colors of your patio is buying colorful chairs or a dining table. You can also go smaller and decide to get colorful accents for outdoors like placements, umbrellas, or vases of the same hue of color.
2. Create balance within your space – To balance the pieces of furniture on your patio, you can place multiple chairs around a table and purchase colorful pillows, putting the same color pillows on the opposite chairs. This means that the chairs across from one another can have the same pop of color.
3. Pay attention to the finish of your furniture – Blending a modern sitting area with a chic look provides you with more dimension and the element of tying everything together. Combining finishes makes your patio more appealing and can even make you more relaxed. There is also another option; instead of combining different furniture types you can decide to change the color of your patio furniture to a brighter color. Painting your furniture a nice baby blue can give your patio a feel of an island.
4. Choose a certain style or theme for your patio – When searching for furniture, look for the pieces of furniture that clearly state the style you’re looking for. One tip when looking for the style that best fits your theme is that variances in the lines and finish of the furniture do not matter.
5. Divide up the space of your patio – You can create boundaries by dividing areas with different types of furniture. The dining and sitting area can be close to each other but an idea for allowing these areas to have their own space is to purchase different outdoor sets.
Other ways to divide the space of your patio is by placing an area rug by the sitting area; separating the dining area and defining the two different spaces. Or if it’s possible, add a ceiling to part of your patio. A ceiling helps to separate the dining area from the rest of your patio, yet again defining the different areas.
You could even use planters to separate the different areas of your patio. This will also add an element of color and relaxation to the casual space which you hope to create.
A stylish patio doesn’t just appeal to your eyes – it can also appeal to your entire body as it can bring you complete relaxation. Having a calm and casual place for you to come home to after a long day relieves stress from that day.